The Saints

Want to join our forum discussions, or maybe you simply found us by mistake? If the answer is "Yes" to any of these questions then take your time to view our forum and it's content.

If you are a member already, just click login to sign in, remember that your user names don't carry over to our other forums.

If you're a guest, remember to register; It's FREE!

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

The New Server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
XSaintsXPsychoMantisX

PostSubject: The New Server   2nd September 2014, 22:40

Hello to all our Saints,

So this week I will be renting an Epoch server for us to play on. I want to start off with saying that I am not trying to please everyone because that is something I've learned one just can not do.

Mr. Monkey, I've already talked to Troops about this and I'm sure he's filled you in on it but I still want to catch you and talk to you about it anyways. This way all of our main Admins are on the same page so I've talked to Wolf, Gaz, and Troops (of course).

Nevertheless,

I remember some time ago, a certain DayZ server had the fun and not so fun times. This is what the DayZ Mod is still missing. We are missing the "simulation" part of this game. Arma is a military "simulator" and by having a mod that brings zombies into the equation it now becomes a Zombie Apocalypse "simulator"!

With that being said, it's time to pull our skirts down, take off our little girl panties and put on some man pants! I want to bring the "simulation" back into the apocalypse and rid of some of those kids that gave banditry a bad name. So what I'm going to do is work on making Zeds a bigger pain then they already are, restrict some trading at trader cities (if I cant remove them at all) and non of that 500+ vehicle crap. Below are the following scripts and brief explanation of said scripts. I personally could care less of how much anyone will complain about the degree of difficulty, if you want to play CoD or CS then go play those but if you want a true Zombie Apocalypse Simulation then Hold on to your rifles, this is gonna be one hell of a ride!

Scripts (to be implemented)

1. Limited 3rd Person View - Restricts 3rd POV while in combat and/or driving/flying at high rates of speed.

2. Walk Among The Dead - Allows you to walk around smelling like a zed to keep the aggro to a minimum.

3. Taunt Zombies - Allows you to taunt zombies when close to them to help out your buddy that may be trapped inside a building and doesn't want to attract any attention by firing rounds off inside a city.

4. Zombie Bait - Allows you to deploy a bait that attract zeds to it. This way you won't need to pop flairs or waist smoke grenade, which both can give away your position.

5. Head Shot Only Zombies - Just like EVERY film about zombies, you MUST shoot them in the head in order to permanently bring them down. They still break bones but reanimate and walk upright again.

6. Class/Loadout Selections - This one allows you to select a class which has a specific loadout (will not be listed when selecting).

Class/Loadout

Survivalist -- 1 Hatchet - 1 Empty Water Bottle - 1 Map - 1 Compass - 1 Camping Tent - 1 Flashlight - 1 Box of Matches  - 1 Knife - 1 Czech Backpack *

Soldier --  M9 - 1 Mag - 1 Empty Water Bottle - 1 Watch - 1 Map - 1 Compass - 1 Knife - 1 ETool - 1 Military Flashlight - 1 Coyote Backpack *

Doctor -- 1 Baseball Bat - 1 Can of Beans - 1 Mountain Dew - 4 Bandages - 1 Auto Injector - 1 Blood Bag - 1 Antibiotics - 1 Flashlight *

Hunter -- 1 CZ 550 - 5 rounds - 1 Raw Rabbit - 1 Binoculars - 1 Map - 1 Compass - 1 Knife - 1 Coyote Patrol Pack *

Mechanic -- 1 Crowbar - 1 Can of Coke - 1 Flashlight - 1 Toolbox - 2 Tires - 1 Engine - 1 Jerrycan *

Business Man -- 1 Makarov - 2 Mags - 1 Redbull - 1 Briefcase of 50oz - 1 Watch *

Police Officer -- 1 Shotgun - 16 Slugs - 1 Pepsi - 1 Watch - 1 GPS - 1 Flashlight *

* Updated

The class/loadout may or may not stick, undecided if I want to do it or not. If not, then everyone would start by default with the following: 1 Watch, 1 Box of Matches, 1 Woodpile and 1 Knife.

There are many, many more mods I did not list.
So in the mean time, have fun in whatever it is you do!
XSaintsXPsychoMantisX

Last edited by XSaintsXPsychoMantisX on 4th September 2014, 08:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
XSaintsXPsychoMantisX

PostSubject: Re: The New Server   4th September 2014, 08:23

Due to some bs I can't add my card to paypal to rent the server........ I may use an alternative way to rent it for the time being until my replacement card comes in the mail.... What a day!

Back to top Go down
Gaz12
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New Server   6th September 2014, 00:19

Mantis, I was watching Psisyndicate video of DayZero, he said loot(guns) is hard to find the winchester is nerfed like crazy to make it equal and etc.
Back to top Go down
XSaintsXMonkeyX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New Server   16th September 2014, 18:52

Mantis, this is a really cool approach to DayZ. Those are some hardcore looking mods Cool

Lets look at possibly getting this going.
Back to top Go down
XSaintsXWolfX

PostSubject: Re: The New Server   17th September 2014, 18:55

If there is a like button i didn't see it but yea i agree moonkary
Back to top Go down
XSaintsXPsychoMantisX

PostSubject: Re: The New Server   25th September 2014, 01:54

Would be nice. As I stated in another post, my schedule has been packed like a sardine tin so I haven't be able to get that going but I do see we now have a server up but seems to be running Vanilla. Is this gonna stay or will there be a switch to Epoch? If so, are you going to try to implement some of these if not all? I still have links to all these mods plus the others I've never mentioned, if you want the links let me know.

Back to top Go down
XSaintsXMonkeyX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New Server   25th September 2014, 11:46

I'm content with staying vanilla right now. I'm trying to get the hardcore old school feeling going. I do want some of these implemented though. Most of the these, if not all, don't require Epoch to run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Server   Today at 03:44

Back to top Go down

The New Server
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1